Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Nectar Clothing and BFFs








^^^Can't even tell you how long it took to get this shot :P






My outfit: Shirt: Nectar Clothing here; Flannel: Hurley, similar here; Shorts: Forever 21; similar here; Birks: Urban Og here; Sunnies: Silvano Apparel here  Gemma's Outfit: Flannel: Her Hubby's, similar here; Shorts: Forever 21,similar here Birks: Thrifted, similar cheap version here, other here; Sunnies: Urban Outfitters, similar here

So, obviously we had a ton of fun with this shoot. My bff and roomie of five years, Gemma, just recently started a blog Following Arrows, and we decided to do a shoot together! I went to a VIP launch party for Nectar Clothing (Seriously check out their cute stuff! I got the cutest jumpsuit and a dress so be on the lookout for some fun posts featuring their items!), and Gemma got to be my plus one. It was seriously the best party. Food. Drinks. Music. And some seriously good girl time with Gemma and a couple other girls. We also got these cute tees. I love that they say "Giving back is the new black". Because that's exactly what I want to be about in my life. Being selfless and giving back whenever I can. So we obviously decided that we should do a fun shoot in them. We used the self timer and took a million photos to try to get it just right because we couldn't see what we were doing. And then we snapped a few photos of each other too. We had so much fun we might do a shoot together maybe once a month! It's so fun to have a friend that lives nearby and blogs because we can do fun stuff like this together!

Also, quick recap on my Social Media Fast. OMG. I go on my Insta SO much. I can't even tell you. Fasting from it made me realize how much I go on. Like I was even out on a run and stopped at a light, and I went to pull out my phone to look. Or just anytime my phone was in my hand, I would just swipe over to Instagram. I definitely need to be more purposeful with my time. Luckily for me, I worked the whole day and then went straight to a birthday party so I didn't have a ton of time to just sit on it but I do know that I paid more attention to my clients, and I didn't have my phone to distract me at the party so I just hung out. Then my cousin came over for a sleepover because Ben was gone and we had to do hair for a wedding the next day, and I'm sure if I had been able to go on my Instagram, I would have been less present hanging out with her. And we had the best girly time just chatting and painting our nails. So all in all, it was a really good experience, and now I'm working on how much I go on and let it take up my time. I may even try it again soon on a day I'm home so I can learn how to avoid it even when I'm not busy. 

Hope you all are having the best week! 
xoxoxo,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment