Friday, August 8, 2014

Healthy Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps

If any of you know me, you know following a recipe is NOT my thing. Except for things like cookies and cakes (or the Paleo mayo below) but even then sometimes I'll improvise if I'm feeling comfortable. Normally, I read a recipe, glean a few ideas from it and come up with something of my own. Or just open my fridge and grab things I think would go together and BOOM, lunch is served. Well that's what happened this day! I knew I wanted chicken salad because I had some Paleo mayo in the fridge (seriously how did I JUST discover this) but I just added things in as I went that I thought sounded good. It was just me at home so I only made one serving but you could always make more! I did my best to come up with measurements for all of ya'll that DO need recipes because who are we kidding I didn't measure a thing! This is a super easy and healthy lunch, and those are two things I'm always asking of my foods! ENJOY!




                                         

Ingredients (Single Serving):
1 Cup Cooked Chicken (I used pre-cooked broiler chicken from Sprouts)
Half of an avocado, diced
3-4 Grape Tomatoes Diced
3-4 broccoli flourets finely chopped
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1 Tbsp chopped red onion
1 Tbsp roasted, chopped almonds
2 Tbsp Paleo Mayo; recipe here
2 leaves of lettuce

Combine all ingredients together. Spoon onto lettuce. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment