Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Dressing Down with Formal Hair, Part 1

Sooo in honor of it being prom and wedding season, I have a two-part post for you all on rocking your formal hair 'do for a casual occasion and also for your formal event. Today's is the casual look. Last weekend, I had several girls I was doing for prom so I was feeling inspired to try something fun (also, sometimes an updo can actually take me less time than doing my hair :P). So I did a fun little updo on my hair, but still wore my normal casual clothes. I paired my overalls with a basic black crop shirt and a collar necklace and fun sandals to add to the elegant look. This purse came straight from Africa. Pretty cool, right? And it's basically like a Mary Poppin's bag. My friend, Gemma, got it for me when she went there on a missions trip. 
Hope everyone is having a great week! Stay tuned for my formal look with this same hair style later this week!













Crop Top: Nordstrom; similar here
Overalls: Target here
Sandals: TJ Maxx (old); similar here and here
Bag: Africa
Necklace: Plato's Closet; similar here
Sunnies: Kaitlyn; similar here
Lipstick: NYX Matte in Alabama


No comments:

Post a Comment