Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Wearing Crop Tops in the Fall














Crop Top: Asos, similar here; Jeans: American Eagle here (I added extra distressing myself but those are the same jeans! They run big. Mine are a 00); Leather Jacket: Kaitlyn, similar here; Shoes: Love D here


Hi Pretties! Hope you all had a great weekend! I worked in the salon all day Saturday so I'm always so excited for Sunday and Monday because  I usually have them both off! Sunday was my mom's birthday so we went out to lunch and froyo to celebrate. Yesterday, of course, was National Coffee Day, which is probably one of my favorite "national" days second only to National Running Day. So Ben and I decided to go to a fun coffee shop. We went to Portola's at the OC Mix Mart, and we have NO idea how we have never been! There are a ton of cool little shops and restaurants in addition to Portola's. I highly recommend you take yourself there and explore if you haven't yet! Our next stop will probably be The Iron Press for date night!

So this summer was alllll about the crop tops. They have been everywhere. And now that fall is here,we should be switching out our high-waisted shorts for some denim or even a high-waisted maxi! Up until now, I have been a firm believer in only wearing a crop top if your belly button is covered. But as is the case in fashion, things change. And I'm all about trying new things! I was also inspired by crop top queen, Sara Lynn, to try out this new trend just like she did here. The jacket wrapped around my waist or on helps it maintain a classy feel too. I opted for my super baggy American Eagle jeans to contrast with my tighter crop top. When I got these jeans, I didn't feel like they were distressed quite enough so I added some extra distressing. (If you're wondering how to do it, just check out Pinterest for a tutorial!) What's your feeling on the look and the crop top trend as a whole?! I'd love to know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment